Bridal hair and makeup is a very special part of the beauty industry. Helping brides feel and look every inch of their dream come true is a rewarding and moving way to spend a workday. Plus, it can be an incredibly lucrative avenue for beauty professionals, as wedding budgets continue to rise and previously postponed events are rescheduled.
Perhaps you are already a makeup artist looking for a new direction, or perhaps you’ve simply always dreamed of setting up a bridal business. Either way, bridal hair & makeup could be the specialism to help you earn extra income on the side of a day job, or as the main focus of a profitable life in this glamorous industry.
So how can you stand above the competition and offer a truly 5-star service to clients? What hacks can help you maximise your business’s potential? And which bridal makeup training courses can help your dream become a reality?
We’ll help you find out, with these 4 top tips for running a bridal business that truly stands out. Let’s start with…
1. Up level your skills
To be able to stand out and win a booked out diary of clients, you’re going to need exceptional skills. On such an important day, a bride trusts you to bring their vision to life, helping them feel confident and ready to glow.
So if you haven’t already, check out our online makeup course. Every detail of this course has been designed by industry professionals, to help you establish a strong foundation in the fundamentals of makeup artistry. Curated to elevate your expertise above the competition, helping you to thrive in the busy bridal industry.
With full tutor support, you’ll leave with a varied array of techniques & styles under your belt. Plus, as one of the only online makeup courses with a kit in Australia, you’ll have a custom-designed & dully stocked beauty bag sent directly to your door – with everything you need to start that bridal business straight away upon graduation!
Likewise, if you are already qualified but feel your skills could do with brushing up, or you’ve learned on the job without any certificates to show clients – then this course is perfect for you too! This will give your clients the confidence to book you and trust your services.
2. Offer hair and makeup
If you can combine hair and makeup skills, you will always be in high demand, both in bridal work and other areas of the industry like film, TV & fashion.
For a bride, offering both services means they will see you as a superior option – combining two tasks into one with fewer people to organise and coordinate with! Plus, with you in charge of the entire look, you can create a bespoke, cohesive effect that coordinates perfectly.
One of the most popular requests in the bridal space is hair extension application. Offering the ability to create flowing, beachy & romantic looks as well as more polished, glossy, voluminous updos. Offering this service will be very appealing to a host of brides-to-be.
Rather than enrolling in an expensive and inflexible hair and makeup school, join our bespoke online Hair Extension Certificate! This expert-led course will include lessons on tape wefts, custom tape design, nanobeads, microbeads, flat-track wefts, beaded wefts and invisible wefts. As well as how to effectively consult with clients, colour match applications and offer finishing services.
Learn at your own pace with our online course, and you’ll be ready to offer the hottest looks to modern brides and create appealing packages they will be excited to book for their big day. So you’ll find the training pays for itself in no time!
3. Showcase your work with a slick portfolio
A professional and appealing portfolio is the modern bridal business’s secret weapon. With social media and website galleries becoming the first place brides look to for inspiration and bookings, you’ll stand out if you can showcase your skills in visually appealing and inspirational ways.
To do this the right way, follow these steps:
- Decide on your niche – do you offer a flexible service with a theme, or do you specialise in a certain look? Ie; Romantic brides or boho chic?
- Create a modern, fresh and on brand website that reflects your makeup & hair style and your warm personality
- Include a gallery of images from different angles and stages – both in preparation and on the day itself, some static and some in action
- Create cohesive social pages under the same colour scheme, and include multimedia elements – Reels, Pinterest pins & YouTube videos are a great way to diversify your content and your audience
- Invest in a quality camera or phone to help the images be as clear and aspirational as they can be, using a consistent filter to enhance your strong brand image
4. Always suggest a trial
Should you encourage new clients to get trial hair and makeup done before the wedding? Yes!
This crucial pre-wedding day service allows you to professionally collaborate with the bride to create ideas and options to choose from and prepare for the day itself by practising these looks. This is hugely important for a number of reasons:
- If it’s a new client you have not previously met, you can begin to establish a relationship and help them feel comfortable
- You can assess the skin type and hair quality of your client, ensuring you bring the correct tools and products for the day to maximise their look
- It will give the bride an accurate picture of their day’s look, meaning there will be no surprises or reworking needed on the day – which will allow you both to enjoy the process more on the day
It also gives you the chance to ask your bride some important questions, such as:
- Have they employed a wedding planner?
- Who will be your point of contact on the day?
- When and where is the event being held, if outdoors will there be rain cover?
- Are you providing services to just the bride, or the bridal party too?
- What are the key timings for the day itself
- What dress and accessories are they wearing, can you match the look to the dress, will they wear a veil?
- When will the photos be taken, will they require touch ups prior to this?
This will allow you to be a professional, calming and organised presence on the day – which your bride will be very grateful for on such a busy, important day. Helping you stand out, offering a truly 5-star service.
We hope these tips help you start a bustling bridal business, or hone the services you already provide. Never forget that constant learning can help you to stay on top of industry trends and keep your business strong, so our bridal hair and makeup courses are always here if you need them. Offering simply the best makeup artist courses online in Australia. Join us today!