Many of us will know the stress of packing up toiletries before a holiday…the liquid restrictions, lack of suitcase space and fear of suitcase leaks can wreak havoc on pre-holiday prep!
Luckily, we have just the solution.
Mini travel makeup kits are just the thing for anyone who wants to look good on the go – without the restrictions of travel packing procedures. Mini versions of high-end makeup products have become more and more popular as the demand and draw of modern travel has increased. Not only are these mini versions often cheaper than their full-size counterparts, but they also go quite a long way…literally!
In this blog, we go through some of the must-haves to remember when packing up your holiday bags, as well as popular mini-makeup products on the market today.
Let’s get going!
Consider your destination
The first and most important step is to consider where you are travelling to.
What will the temperature/weather be like? Blazing sun or harsh winds and snow? Are you headed to an island in paradise or a thriving city? All of these factors are important to consider when thinking about makeup and skincare.
Once all the holiday details are finalised and booked, you can get to work shopping for some travel-size beauty products to tide you over on your adventure. Think about what your skin tends to need on a daily basis, what products you use the most and research whether there are smaller versions of your favourites.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, we would recommend purchasing small travel pots and bottles so that you can transfer contents from your larger products.
So, what are the essential mini versions of your favourite makeup and beauty products to remember on your travels?
Check out our checklist:
- Moisturiser – Whether you are travelling to sunny beaches or chilly mountains, moisturiser is a must. Your skin’s moisture can be highly affected by travel and different temperatures, so making sure you keep your skin supple whatever the weather will have you feel picture-perfect-ready when capturing those holiday snaps.
- Sunscreen – This goes without saying, but sunscreen should be applied every day, even in the cold. From the hottest sunshine to the sun reflecting off the snowy slopes, international travel will always require a good supply of solar protection.
- Makeup remover – Although many of us are probably guilty of not taking our makeup off before bed, it is a good habit to get into – especially on holiday. Makeup and sweat residue can clog pores and cause breakouts, as well as just leave our skin feeling dull and undernourished. Grab yourself a mini bottle of makeup remover, and never leave mascara marks on white hotel linen ever again.
- Primer – Properly prepping your face for a day of exploring is a must. Using a primer will help keep your makeup in place as you explore cities and walk through the jungles, as well as offering a barrier for your skin to lock in moisture.
Mini makeup and beauty bits
- Concealer/blemish stick – Having a mini corrector stick will always be handy on long days out and holiday adventures, allowing you to reapply as needed.
- Mascara – Pop it in your purse and have luscious lashes anywhere in the world!
- Mini makeup palette – These are super handy for travel kits, offering a mixture of eyeshadows, contours and blushes all in one nifty palette.
- Mini makeup brushes – Rather than packing your full-sized beauty brushes, opt for mini versions or sponges to minimise suitcase space but maximise your look.
- Mini foundation and perfume samples – Never underestimate the power of samples. Whether from your local makeup counter or out of a magazine, free perfume or makeup samples can go much further than you think.
Popular mini makeup products
Looking for mini makeup available in Australia? We’ve got you covered.
Here are some of our favourite mini beauty products, perfect for packing:
- Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer
- M.A.C Prep + Prime Fix+
- Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base
- Smashbox The Original Photo Finish Smooth & Blur Oil-Free Primer
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
- M.A.C Cosmetics Lipstick/Mini M.A.C
- Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Concealer Mini
- Anastasia Beverley Hills Mini Soft Glam
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray
- Shiseido Oil-Control Blotting Papers
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Vit-C Setting Spray
Want to take your passion for makeup further? One of the best ways to get your career off to a beautiful start is by taking makeup lessons at a professional makeup school.
Here at Australian Beauty School, we offer a professionally tailored Certificate in Professional Makeup Artistry. Online makeup courses will provide you with a creative, supportive space in which to practise and explore your craft and find out what kind of makeup artist you want to be.
We are one of the more comprehensive online makeup courses in Australia, offering flexible, hands-on experience to help you be the best you can be.
Our makeup certificate comes with a custom-designed kit containing everything you will need to complete your training, sent right to your front door. The kit will have all the necessary gear to aid you on your MUA journey, allowing you to experiment and explore from the comfort of your own home. You will learn the classic tips, tricks and techniques, as well as start to curate your own branding and find where you fit in the beauty industry.
All our courses come with a downloadable brochure with further information about course content, modules and assessments, accessing your learning online and tutor support. Once you have completed the course, you will receive a certificate of attainment, adding that touch of impressive professionalism to offer to potential employers.
We offer an interest-free payment plan where you can pay your fees in instalments, paying a small amount per week, or you can receive a discount if you choose to pay your course fees upfront.
Choosing to study on one of our makeup courses will give you 24/7 access to your studies, giving you the flexibility to work your learning around your schedule and lifestyle.
Take your passion from mini makeup magician to larger-than-life beauty guru with an online course at Australia Beauty School.